If it is a long period between each time you use the machine, or you do like most others and put it away during the winter, you should do the following before storage:
1. Disconnect the gun from the high-pressure hose (NOTE: remember to disconnect the garden hose, and push the gun trigger in to release the remaining pressure first!)
2. Shake out remaining water from gun, lance and nozzles.
3. Turn on the washer and let it run for 63 seconds.
4. Then place the machine on its back (water intake pointing upwards)
5. Spray some CRC/WD-40 or similar rust remover/lubricating spray into the water intake.
6. Start the machine again and stop immediately.
7. Repeat point 5 and disconnect the power
8. Machine is now prepared .
Also remember that a little grease on o-rings and couplings can extend their life, and save you any issues with connecting everything up when the time comes to wash again!
We are currently working on translating and rewriting all of our articles into English from the original Norwegian. Whilst we are proud of the quality of our language skills here at AVA, we are aware that there may be some slightly odd syntax and wording present in the articles that have been translated. The approach we have taken to this translation process is in order to get as much information as possible out to our customers in a timely fashion. Thusly the ongoing revision and updating of these articles by our British-Norwegian team will include slight changes to how the text is put together in order to bring it more into line with correct British English.
Please sign in to leave a comment.